Blizzard is teasing the Naga, a new race coming to Battlegrounds next week with Patch 23.2. On the program, Queen Azshara and a host of new servants will take part in the battles. Check out the details below and expect more information in the coming days!
Note: The companions leave Battlegrounds with the arrival of the Nagas.
Bow down to Queen Azshara and her army of nagas thundering in Battlegrounds mode! The very first Battlegrounds season, “Rise of the Nagas”, kicks off on May 10 with the release of Update 23.2. This new season comes with a reset of the battlefield classifications, a new heroine and a new type of minion: the Nagas!
New Minion Type: Nagas
The Nagas, greedy servants of spells, are fascinated by magic. They can bestow spells on you or gain power when spells are cast in their presence.
New keyword: sorcery
Some Nagas have a unique new keyword, Witchcraft † Minions with the keyword Sorcery grant a temporary spell each turn. This spell can strengthen your minions until the start of your next recruiting phase.
The queen comes to take the crown
Queen Azshara is the new heroine of the Battlegrounds mode. The ruler of the Highborne and her people were doomed to die as a vengeful naga. After Naga Queen Azshara transforms, successive waves of Naga will arrive under your command! Can you lead them to victory?
Master the magic
The naga are devastated by their inability to control their unquenchable thirst for magic. Do not suffer the same fate! Here are some tips for playing with Nagas and the keyword “Sorcery” to best channel their power:
- Each minion with the keyword Sorcery generates a spell with Sorcery each turn.
- Sorcery effects are only valid until your next recruiting stage. Each turn you can organize your spells for the next battle.
- Sorcery spells disappear from your hand at the end of your turn – you lose them if you don’t use them!
- Spells with Sorcery are generated as soon as you play a minion with the keyword Sorcery, but also at the beginning of each recruitment phase.
- When your hand is full, spells with Sorcery will “wait” for a space in your hand, instead of being destroyed or delaying one turn.
- Gold minions with the keyword Sorcery will generate gold versions of spells with Sorcery, giving a greater effect.
- Some Nagas have different effects depending on when you cast your spells. This includes sorcery spells, as well as coins, blood gems, and triple rewards.
The Nagas are waiting for you
In total, 5 minions will be removed from the minion pool with the release of Update 23.2, to be replaced by 16 new naga minions, 5 other new minions, and 2 previously known minions! In the coming days we will bring you more Nagas, as well as feedback from the development team and other information. Get a taste of upcoming minions and mechanics by following some of your favorite content creators ahead of the full release preview on May 9.
Visit our site regularly Play Hearthstone during this weekend rich in revelations, for daily reports, artistic presentations and much more!
Battlegrounds: Lobby Legends
Join 16 of the world’s best battlefield elements as they showcase Queen Azshara and new naga minions at the Battlegrounds: Lobby Legends – Noblegarden event, May 14-15 on Youtube and twitch † For future Lobby Legends participants, the Battlegrounds Reset heralds the arrival of a new season, and the fourth qualifying period for the Battleground: Lobby Legends tournament will take place from May 10-31. Follow the esports of hearthstone secure Twitter and find out what’s new, upcoming event announcements and tournament information!