- Joe Biden attacked Vladimir Putin violently in Warsaw on Saturday, calling him a ” Butcher “ and judged he couldn’t “don’t stay in power” after the invasion of Ukraine, a statement that was immediately muted by the White House† The US president also warned Russia, urging Moscow not to do so ” not even [penser] to advance one centimeter into NATO territory”†
- Ukrainian president, Volodomyr Zelensky, in his latest video on Saturday night, called on Westerners to supply more weapons. “We must protect not only Ukraine, but also the other countries of Eastern Europe, under the threat of Russian invasion.” † Who leads NATO? Is it still Moscow, with harassment? †he criticized.
- The Minister of Foreign Affairs Ukrainian confirmed on Saturday that Washington does not ” no problem “ the transfer of Polish fighter jets to Ukraine, weeks after the Pentagon said it had rejected a similar proposal.
- On the military frontUkrainian troops recaptured control of the city Trostianets, in northeastern Ukraine, where fighting with Russian soldiers raged, the Ukrainian defense ministry said on Saturday. The Russian Defense Ministry reported a battle for control of two villages near Donetskin the Donbass.
- About 120 km northeast of Kiev, the city Chernihivi is surrounded by Russian troops and it is impossible to evacuate civilians and wounded en masse, Mayor Vladislav Atrochenko announced. The city of lviv, in western Ukraine, which has so far been relatively unscathed from the fighting, Russian attacks have been hit on Saturday afternoon, in which at least five have been injured, according to the region’s governor.
- According to the Ukrainian regional authorities, the Russian army has Slavutychwhere staff at the Chernobyl nuclear power plant live, briefly arrested the mayor and fueled pro-Ukrainian protests.
- At the beginning of the 32and war day, over ten million Ukrainians (out of about 40 million) have fled their homes, 3.8 million of them to foreign countries, mostly to Poland, according to the United Nations census released Saturday. Nearly 6.5 million people are displaced in Ukraine.
Read all our articles, analyzes and reports on the war in Ukraine:
Report. “It’s not emigration, it’s flight”: the exile of Vladislav, Yulia, Andrei, middle-class Russians
Research. In Ukraine, an economy in the service of war
Stand. Jonathan Littell: “My dear Russian friends, it’s time for your Maidan”
decodings. Inflation, debt, deficits… The war in Ukraine increases the vulnerability of emerging economies
Actually. Auchan explains that he must stay in Russia for the well-being of his employees and customers
decodings. In Latin America, the pro-Putin accents of the left
you can find our life yesterday on this link†
“Why isn’t my question published? “: how “Le Monde” manages contributions in live follow-ups