- at 34and war day in ukraine, new negotiations will begin today in Istanbul, Turkey. Ukrainian Foreign Minister Dmytro Kuleba said on Monday that his country’s biggest target in the negotiations with Russia was the end of the fighting. “The minimum program will be humanitarian issues, and the maximum program is reaching a ceasefire agreement”he said on Ukrainian television.
- Group of Russian Mercenaries Wagner deployed in eastern Ukraine, the defense ministry said Monday evening. Britishwhich estimates that more than 1,000 fighters from the sulphurous paramilitary company could be brought in to fight in the country.
- Ukraine announced on Monday thatIrpinthe scene of fierce fighting in the suburbs of Kiev, was “liberated” Russian troops. “The city is now liberated, but it remains dangerous to be there”said Interior Minister Denys Monastyrsky.
- Ukrainian authorities are concerned about the still dramatic situation in the besieged port of Mariupol† According to an adviser to the Ukrainian presidency, Tetyana Lomakina, “about 5,000 people were buried, but people have not been buried for ten days because of the continuous shelling”† she felt that“given the number of people still under the rubble †there may be about 10,000 dead.†
- Volodymyr Zelensky called on Monday evening for an embargo on Russian oil. The Ukrainian president has again appealed to his allies to provide Ukraine with additional weapons. “Fear always makes you complicit”he declared.
- “What is happening in Ukraine is a repeat of what we have seen in Syria”said the secretary general ofAmnesty International, Agnès Callamard, during the presentation Tuesday in Johannesburg of her report 2021-2022. “We are in deliberate attacks on civilian infrastructure, homes”bombing schools, she lamented, accusing Russia of turning humanitarian corridors into a… “death trap”†
- Joe Biden claimed he would not retract his controversial comments suggesting he wanted his Russian counterpart, Vladimir Putin, removed from power, because they are “outrage” personal and not a “Politics” proponent of regime change.
- The head of Russian diplomacy, Sergei Lavrovsaid Monday that a decree is being prepared to limit access to Russian territory to nationals of countries responsible for acts “unfriendly”†
- The Russian Oligarch Roman Abramovichtrying to mediate between Moscow and Kiev to end the war, and two Ukrainian negotiators suffered from symptoms suggesting a possible “poisoning”reported the Wall Street JournalMonday.
- Just over forty thousand people have fled Ukraine in the past 24 hours, bringing the total number of people trying to escape fighting sparked by the Russian army on Feb. 24 to nearly 3.9 million, according to the UN tally released Monday.
Read all our articles, analyzes and reports on the war in Ukraine:
Report. For the children of Ukraine, exile and dangers
decodings. With the war in Ukraine, teacher-researchers at the forefront of the media scene
Actually. The European Union mobilizes funds for the reception of refugees
Video. Facing Putin, Macron and Biden’s Opposing Stance
Stand. “Collective defense is now at the forefront of NATO”
decodings. “AMLO” stance on the war in Ukraine is straining Mexico-Washington relations
you can find our life yesterday on this link†
“Why isn’t my question published? “: how “Le Monde” manages contributions in live follow-ups