- Ukrainian President Volodymyr Zelensky on Tuesday evening called on Ukrainians to alertness, despite “positive signals” represented by the ongoing talks in Istanbul, Turkey. “The enemy is still in our territory. The bombing of our cities continues. Mariupol is under siege,” Mr Zelensky stated, before declaring: “Ukrainians are not a naive people”† believe that “only concrete results” on the spot would make it possible to judge the good faith of Moscow.
- This call for vigilance and persistence of pressure came when Washington announced it was… skepticism regarding the Russian announcements. “We’ll see if they keep their word”said US President Joe Biden, before calling for continued pressure on Russia through sanctions.
- These mixed reactions follow the talk held on Tuesday between Russians and Ukrainians in Istanbul, Turkey. Ukraine had said it was willing to adopt neutral status in return for guarantees of its security, a proposal apparently welcomed by Moscow, which announced “drasically reduce” his military activity in Kiev.
- In an interview on World† Jens Stoltenberg, the Secretary General of the North Atlantic Treaty Organization (NATO), speaks of the risks the war in Ukraine poses to the Atlantic Alliance and announces that France will command the troops in Romania. He also mentions the fear of Russia’s use of chemical weapons, which “would have major consequences”.
- At least 12 people have been killed and 33 others injured in a Russian attack on the regional administration building of Mykolaiv (south), a city that has had a breather in recent days from the bombing, Ukrainian President Volodymyr Zelensky announced on Tuesday afternoon.
- Ukrainian authorities are concerned about the still dramatic situation in the besieged port of Mariupol† According to an adviser to the Ukrainian presidency, Tetiana Lomakina, “About 5,000 people have been buried, but people have not been buried for ten days because of the ongoing shelling.”† she felt that“given the number of people still under the rubble † there could be about ten thousand dead”†
- While the American basketball star Brittney Griner Detained in Russia since February 17, Washington warns its nationals in Russia of the risk of arbitrary arrests and “the possibility of harassment of US citizens”. Thus, the Ministry of Foreign Affairs repeated its appeal not to enter the country or leave it immediately.
Read all our articles, analyzes and reports on the war in Ukraine:
decodings. In negotiations, like on the ground, Kiev is trying to regain control
Actually. After “substantial” talks in Istanbul, Moscow promises to “radically reduce” its offensive against Kiev
testimonials. The diary of two sisters separated by the war in Ukraine: “We want to fall into a deep sleep and wake up when Ukraine has won the war”
Actually. On social networks, these accounts in French representing the Kremlin’s propaganda. pass along
you can find our life yesterday on this link
“Why isn’t my question published? “: how “Le Monde” manages contributions in live follow-ups