Hosted live by Clémence Apetogbor, Pierre Bouvier, Fatoumata Sillah and Eléa Pommiers
- One of the main front lines of the Donbass, in eastern Ukraine, was stable, Tuesday, April 5, but awaiting an impending Russian offensive, Agence France-Presse noted. Russia is getting stronger “control of the whole Donbass” and to achieve “a land bridge with Crimea”annexed by Moscow in 2014, said NATO Secretary General Jens Stoltenberg.
- In the around Kiev from which the Russian army has withdrawn, the macabre discoveries multiply. According to the Attorney General of Ukraine, the situation in Borodyanka (60 kilometers west of Kiev) would be even worse “in terms of casualties” than that of Butcha†
- According to latest British intelligence reportUkrainian troops took much of the Northern Ukraine† “Forcing the Russians to withdraw from surrounding areas” Chernihivi and the north of Kiev †† In the region of Kharkivthe Institute for the Study of War (ISW) predicts the complete withdrawal of Russian troops from Sumy Oblast in the coming days.
- BEE Khersonin the South WestAccording to historian and former soldier Michel Goya, the Russian positions are preserved, although they appear less. The ISW reports effective counter-attacks by the Ukrainian armed forces, which would have allowed them to retake territory in the region.
- Volodymyr Zelensky accused the Russian armed forces before the UN Security Council “hundreds of thousands” Ukrainians in Russia. In addition, the Ukrainian president demanded that Russia “be held responsible” from “worst war crimes” since World War II, while demanding his exclusion from the Security Council.
- France’s National Counter-Terrorism Prosecutor’s Office announced on Tuesday that it had new investigations for “war crimes” for acts committed against French citizens in Ukraine since the beginning of the invasion by Russia. Russia continues to refuse “categorically” all costs.
- Close to 200 Russian diplomats expelled from Europe in forty-eight hours. After Germany, France and Lithuania, Italy, Spain, Denmark and Slovenia in turn expelled Russian diplomats en masse on Tuesday, a further deterioration in relations with Moscow marked a further deterioration.
- The European Commission has proposed the Twenty-seven to to punish against Moscow, by ceasing their purchases of Russian coal (45% of EU imports) and by closing European ports to ships operated by Russians. Brussels is also proposing a total ban on transactions for four major Russian banks. The United States will provide Kiev with $100 million in additional security assistance.
- More than 4.2 million Ukrainians fled their country since the February 24 invasion by Russian President Vladimir Putin, figures from the United Nations High Commissioner for Refugees (UNHCR) show.
Read all our articles, analyzes and reports on the war in Ukraine
Actually. Abuses in Boutcha, Ukraine: many countries accuse Russia, which is disputed
decryption. Europeans ready for Russian coal embargo
Report. In Tbilisi, Russian exiles foresee no ‘possible return’
Story. Tour de France of initiatives in favor of Ukrainian refugees
decryption. Boutcha massacre: on social networks, Moscow’s disinformation operation
Maintenance. “In Russia, crises are no exception, they are the rule”
Video. In Boutcha, the streets turned into an open-air graveyard
you can find our life yesterday on this link
“Why isn’t my question published? “: how “Le Monde” manages contributions in live follow-ups