- At least 52 people were killed on Friday, April 8, including five children. in a missile attack on the station of KramatorskEastern Ukraine† Ukrainian President Volodymyr Zelensky, who “war crime”request “a strong global response”. Moscow denies responsibility for the attack.
- Arriving in Ukraine on Friday for a support visit, the President of the European Commission, Ursula von der Leyendenounced the“despicable attack” on Kramatorsk. She went to Boutcha, near Kiev, a city symbol of the atrocities Russia is accused of.
- Volodymyr Zelensky received a questionnaire from Ursula von der Leyen to start applying for Ukraine to join the‘European Union, a wish that Kyiv has long expressed. † I am convinced that we are finally on the verge of achieving our long standing goal † Ukraine joins the European Union »said the Ukrainian president in the evening.
- A curfew is in effect from Saturday evening to Monday morning at Odessathe main Ukrainian port in the west of the country, on the Black Sea, overlooking the “threatens” rocket attacks, local authorities said.
- the region of Sumybordering Russia in northeastern Ukraine, was completely “liberated” Russian troops, the head of the regional government announced on Friday, but added that the area was not ” unsure “ and that mine clearance operations were underway.
- After Russia withdrew its troops from the Kiev region and northern Ukraine, Russia captured the Donbass, part of which has been controlled by pro-Russian separatists since 2014, is his priority. According to observers, Russian President Vladimir Putin wants to achieve this goal before the May 9 military parade marking the end of World War II, the most important celebration in Russia.
- After Washington and Brussels, the United Kingdom has the two daughters of Vladimir Poutine and that of his head of diplomacy, Sergei Lavrov, who said he had the… “lavish lifestyle of the Kremlin’s inner circle”† They are now prohibited from entering British territory, where any assets will be frozen.
- Russia has closed the local offices of human rights NGOs Amnesty International and Human Rights Watch, according to a statement released Friday by the Russian Ministry of Justice.
Read all our articles, analyzes and reports on the war in Ukraine
Portrait. The world according to Putin: the cross and the banner
decodings† Kramatorsk massacre sparks international outrage
Chronic. The “Donbass” in “Le Monde”, a region frozen in war
Report. “In my suitcase I have piled up our four lives and, wedged between the socks, the beloved souls of those who remained in Ukraine, in hell”
Actually. The weapons that made the difference
In images, in images. Their lives in their bags
Video† In Borodianka, a situation “much more terrible” than in Boutcha
Video. “We saw the cruel face of Putin’s army”: Ursula von der Leyen’s images in Boutcha, site of atrocities in Ukraine
you can find our life yesterday on this link†
“Why isn’t my question published? “: how “Le Monde” manages contributions in live follow-ups