in

Morning Meeting AOF France / Europe – Paris expected to soar, LVMH on the front page – 4/13/2022 at 08:29

(AOF) – European markets are expected to rise at the start of the session in the wake of progress from most Asian markets. The Nikkei closed this morning with a gain of 1.93%. Stock index futures are well oriented on Wall Street. Investors should continue to process US inflation, which crossed the 8% mark for the first time in 40 years in March. Core inflation, however, has declined. Economists believe these numbers support the Fed’s restrictive policy. LVMH will be surrounded after strong quarterly sales.

The values ​​that follow today

wave stone

Wavestone and Nomadéis join forces to become a major player in sustainable development consulting. Wavestone will discuss this merger in more detail when it publishes its fourth quarter 2021/22 earnings on Thursday 28 April 2022, after the Euronext markets close. Founded in 2002 and based in Paris, Nomadéis is a French independent consultancy specializing in environmental and social responsibility.

Bilendic

In 2021, the consolidated turnover amounted to 44.1 million euros, an increase of 29.3% (+21.3% organically and at constant exchange rates), including the contribution of 2.3 million from Respondi, fully consolidated since December 1, 2021. International (77% of sales) was at the heart of this performance with sales of 33.9 million euros (+30.5%, of which +22.2% on an organic basis and at constant exchange rates). In France (23% of sales) the dynamics were also very favorable with an activity of 10.2 million, an increase of 25.6%.

LVMH

LVMH realized a turnover of 18 billion euros in the first quarter of 2022, an increase of 29% compared to the same period of 2021. Organic turnover growth amounted to 23%. For LVMH, this is “a good start to the year in an environment still disrupted by the health crisis and marked by the dramatic events in Ukraine”. With the exception of Wines and Spirits, which still face supply constraints, all businesses posted double-digit sales growth.

Showroom private

Showroomprivé has announced the acquisition of The Bradery, a very fast-growing player in the sales of premium events, primarily aimed at millennials. The online sales site has acquired a 51% majority stake with the option to acquire the remaining 49% by 2026 at a price determined by the future performance of the company. This acquisition will be fully financed from the free cash of the company.

Macroeconomic figures

Industrial production in the eurozone in February is due at 11 a.m.

In the United States, investors will react to the producer price index at 2.30 pm in March and to the weekly evolution of petroleum product inventories at 4.30 pm.

At around 8:30 a.m., the euro gained 0.09% to $1,0840.

Yesterday in Paris

European stock markets ended in a downward spiral, even though underlying inflation in the United States had been reassured. In April inflation stood at 8.5% year-on-year, its highest since December 1981. By contrast, excluding energy and food, it was 6.5% below expectations. This acceleration in inflation was expected and long-term interest rates fell. The US 10-year yield fell more than 7 basis points to 2.7%. The CAC 40 index closed 0.28% lower at 6,537.41 points, while the EuroStoxx50 lost 0.21% at 3,831.73 points.

Yesterday on Wall Street

Wall Street eventually closed in the red after mixed inflation data. In March, price increases reached a new 40-year high of 8.5% year-on-year, after 7.9% in February. This new outbreak should bolster the Fed’s accelerated monetary normalization strategy. However, ‘core’ inflation slowed for a month, falling from 0.5% to 0.3%, a sign that inflationary dynamics may have peaked and are tending to run out. The Dow Jones fell 0.26% to 34,220.36 points and the Nasdaq fell 0.3% to 13,371.57 points.

unlimited storage is back, but not for everyone

Charles Coste, oldest French Olympic champion, decorated with the Legion of Honor 74 years after his title