The results of the night in the NBA
Wizards @ Celtics : 102-144
mavs @ Bucks: 118-112
gold nuggets @Lakers: 129-118
Pistons @Pacers: 121-117
sixers @ Cavs: 112-108
Knicks @Magic: 118-88
Heat @Raptors: 114-109
wolves @Rockets: 139-132
Sun [email protected] Thunder : 96-117
Blazers @ tracks : 92-113
warriors @Kings: 109-90
pelicans @ clippers : 100-119
Head of the East
– Barring surprise, Miami will no longer be included in the race for first place in the East. After weathering a few storms, the Heat are firmly on the throne with two wins ahead of their closest pursuer, Boston. The Floridians, who led by 10 points at halftime in Toronto, turned the situation around against the most in shape team of the moment in the East.
Kyle Lowry was fantastically received by his former audience and contributed (16 pts, 10 pds) to the success of his new employer.
All the love to Kyle Lowry on his return to Toronto ️ pic.twitter.com/CCrEZzkGPs
— NBA on ESPN (@ESPNNBA) Apr 3, 2022
Not surprisingly, Boston simultaneously exploded Washington, with an excellent Jaylen Brown (32 points on 17/12) and a very productive bench (67 points).
The Bucks did not prevent Luka Doncic and Dallas to continue their tremendous momentum. Despite the executives’ calm the previous days, Milwaukee missed his finish against the Mavs, unlike Doncic (32 points, 15 assists, equaling his record this season in the case). Giannis Antetokounmpo did his best to make this duel between Europeans more exciting, but the Greek Freak’s 28 points and 10 rebounds were not enough.
– Philadelphia has continued to regain oxygen with an outstanding second half on the Cavs floor. Joel Embiid was monstrous and took advantage of Evan Mobley’s absence to celebrate and set one of his greatest lines of the NBA season: 44 points, 17 rebounds, 5 blocks, 17/20 on the line. Cavs’ coach JB Bickerstaff was furious with the umpires for letting the Cameroonian go to the throwline so often…
the contribution of James Hardenauthor of a triple-double (21 pts, 10 pds, 10 rebounds) was noticeable.
🔔 JOEL’S MONSTER 44 DOUBLE DOUBLE STITCH 🔔pic.twitter.com/yUoCajWcf7
— NBA (@NBA) Apr 4, 2022
† Nikola JokiEmbiid’s main rival in the MVP race was breaking Lakers morale. Without LeBron Jamesbut with Anthony Davis (28 pts), Los Angeles continued to deteriorate in the standings. The Joker’s masterclass, author of 38 points, 18 rebounds, 6 assists and 3 steals in 33 minutes and on 15/22, has a lot to do with it…
Nikola Jokic was incredible in the Nuggets win!pic.twitter.com/cM4umSMAMW
— NBA (@NBA) Apr 4, 2022
This is the 6th straight loss for the Lakers, who were pained to see San Antonio do the job (113-92) at home to Portland. The Spurs are now two wins away from 10th place LA with four games to go. Without a dramatic turnaround, LeBron and his comrades have time this summer to rest and recharge…
The Pelicans had the decency to save the tension for the Lakers by falling right in Los Angeles, but against the Clippers. Paul George (15 pts, 7 pds, 5 rbds) had a little more trouble setting the sights (5/15) than during his return match, but that didn’t hurt Ty Lue’s solid collective at all.
– OKC again faced its three Frenchmen last night, in the beautiful win over Phoenix, even after the Suns had given Devin Booker and Deandre Ayton a rest. That is Olivier Sarr who made the strongest impression this time with 24 points (his NBA record), 6 rebounds and 2 blocks from the bench. Theo Maledonstarter, added 9 points, 5 assists and 4 rebounds to the equation. Jaylen Hoardthis time a substitute, finished with the best +/- of the game (+18), in addition to his 4 points, 4 rebounds and 1 assist in 24 minutes.
Alexei Pokusevsky signed the first triple-double of his career (17 pts, 12 wt, 10 rebounds).
– The Knicks walked to Orlando with a triple-double for Immanuel Quickley off the bench: 20 points, 10 assists, 10 rebounds.
† Anthony Edwards (33 points) and Karl Anthony Towns (28 points) led the Wolves to success in Houston and are just two wins away from overtaking the Jazz in free fall to 6th place to avoid the play-in tournament.
– Sitting, Kilian Hayes brought 10 points, 7 assists and 1 steal to the Pistons in their win on the Pacers floor.
† Andrew Wiggins (25 points), Jordan Poole (22 pts) and the Warriors didn’t have much trouble taking care of the Kings and mathematically depriving them of the play-in tournament, while regaining some confidence before the end of the regular season.