- Ukrainian President Volodymyr Zelensky on Tuesday evening called on Ukrainians to alertness, despite “positive signals” what, in his eyes, represent? the talks in Istanbulin Turkey. “The enemy is still in our territory. The bombing of our cities continues. Mariupol is under siege “, Mr. Zelensky summed up. Wednesday, Russia has also thwarted hopes of decisive progress and claimed that the talks had come to nothing “very promising”†
- During this Tuesday’s talks between Russians and Ukrainians, Ukraine said it was ready to adopt neutral statusin return for guarantees about its security – a proposal apparently welcomed by Moscow, which announced: “drasically reduce” his military activity in Kiev.
- Washington expressed his skepticism on Tuesday regarding the Russian announcements. “We’ll see if they keep their word”said US President Joe Biden, before calling for continued pressure on Russia through sanctions.
- In an interview on World† Jens Stoltenberg, the Secretary General of the North Atlantic Treaty Organization (NATO), speaks of the risks the war in Ukraine poses to the Atlantic Alliance and announces that France will command the troops in Romania. He also mentions the fear of Russia’s use of chemical weapons, which “would have huge consequences”†
- In a Russian attack on the building of the regional administration of Mykolaiv (south), a city that has had a breather from the bombing in recent days, Ukrainian President Volodymyr Zelensky announced on Tuesday afternoon.
- Ukrainian authorities are concerned about the still dramatic situation in the besieged port of Mariupol† According to an adviser to the Ukrainian presidency, Tetiana Lomakina, “There could be about ten thousand dead” in the city.
Read all our articles, analyzes and reports on the war in Ukraine:
decodings. In negotiations, like on the ground, Kiev is trying to regain control
Actually. After “substantial” talks in Istanbul, Moscow promises to “radically reduce” its offensive against Kiev
testimonials. The diary of two sisters separated by the war in Ukraine: “We want to fall into a deep sleep and wake up when Ukraine has won the war”
Actually. On social networks, these accounts in French representing the Kremlin’s propaganda. pass along
you can find our life yesterday on this link
“Why isn’t my question published? “: how “Le Monde” manages contributions in live follow-ups