- The evacuation of civilians in Mariupol, More than 160,000 trapped in the martyr city, according to the latest estimates, are turning to the showdown between Russia, Ukraine and the West. The Russian Defense Ministry has announced the imposition of a local ceasefire, starting at 10 a.m. Friday, to allow the opening of a humanitarian corridor to Zaporizhzhya. But Westerners find Moscow’s commitments insufficient. Kiev, for its part, announced the dispatch of forty-five buses to evacuate civilians from the besieged port.
- The refocusing of Russia’s war effort on Donbass, in eastern Ukraine, where Russian forces will face a hardened Ukrainian army, suggests a “prolonged” conflict, which could take months, the Pentagon warned Thursday. Joe Biden, who also calls himself “skeptical” on the partial withdrawal announced by the Russians, believed that the Russian President, Vladimir Putin, “seemed to isolate itself”after having “Some of his advisers have been fired or placed under house arrest”.
- In his nightly video address to the nation, Volodymyr Zelensky announced on Friday that it had fired two generalsaccused of “betrayal”† He also said that after the withdrawal of Russian troops from the north and center of the country, the situation was tense in the south and east, where Russian forces are preparing for new powerful attacks.
- The Russians have abandoned Chernobyl nuclear power plant, they had occupied since the beginning of the war, including members of the Ukrainian National Guard, included in “hostage” , according to Kyiv. The Director General of the International Atomic Energy Agency (IAEA), Rafael Grossi, is today in Kaliningrad, Russia, to nuclear safety in Ukraine with senior Russian officials.
- From 1er April, buyers of russian land gas “unfriendly” will have to have bills in rubles, otherwise Russia will not deliver them, Mr Putin announced on Thursday. Germany and France “prepare” In response to a possible halt to Russian gas imports, Europeans refused the payment in rubles requested by Moscow, French Economy Minister Bruno Le Maire responded. European countries continue to pay Russian gas in euros and dollars, as it is “written in contracts”assured German Chancellor Olaf Scholz.
- oil producers Unsurprisingly, the Organization of the Petroleum Exporting Countries (OPEC) announced a further modest opening of their black gold floodgates, ignoring calls to ease war-accented price pressures. The president of the United States, faced with record inflation that undermined his popularity, ordered to extract 1 million barrels a day from strategic oil reserves for six months.
Read all our articles, analyzes and reports on the war in Ukraine:
Actually† In Mariupol, the evacuation of civilians turns into a confrontation between Russia and the West
Report. “Today we are all equal and united to defend Ukraine. The rest, we’ll talk about it after the war “: in Kiev the artists revolt”
Actually. On the payment of gas in rubles, Russia and the European Union defend their version
Stand† “Standard Western aid modalities can backfire”
Actually. The Russian army left Chernobyl and took prisoners
analyze. Food sovereignty tested by the war in Ukraine
you can find us live yesterday about this clutch
“Why isn’t my question published? “: how “Le Monde” manages contributions in live follow-ups