- Kiev sends 45 buses to evacuate civilians who want to leave Mariupol, a city in southeastern Ukraine, Ukraine’s deputy prime minister Iryna Vereshchuk has announced. The Russian Ministry of Defense has announced the establishment of a “silent food”or a local ceasefire, from 10 a.m. Thursday, in the besieged Ukrainian port city of Mariupol to evacuate civilians.
- The head of French military intelligence, General Eric Vidaud† will leave office particularly after what was judged to be an inadequacy of its services in the Russian invasion of Ukraine, Agence France-Presse (AFP) learned of military sources and close to the file. A military source confirmed the immediate departure of the head of the Military Intelligence Service (DRM), according to information from the site opinion† The latter cites an internal source at the Ministry of the Armed Forces “insufficient briefing” and a “lack of expertise”†
- Ukrainian president, Volodymyr Zelenskysaid on Wednesday that he would keep Moscow’s promises “drasically reduce” his military activity around Kiev, and that his army was preparing for new battles in the east of the country. “We don’t believe anyone, not a single beautiful sentence”Zelensky said in a video address to the nation, adding that Russian forces were regrouping to attack the Donbass region.
- “The Russians used phosphorus grenades again today in Marinka”a small town in eastern Ukraine, the head of the military administration of the Donetsk region, Pavel Kyrylenko, said on Telegram. “A dozen fires [causés par ces obus] were located and brought under control by National Emergency Service personnel”he continued. phosphorus weapons are incendiary weapons whose use is prohibited against civilians, but not against military targets, under a convention signed in Geneva in 1980.
- A senior US Pentagon official said tonight that Russian troops are beginning to withdraw from the Chernobyl Nuclear Site, which they had taken control of on the first day of the invasion of Ukraine, on February 24, to go to Belarus. The Russian army has also begun to withdraw from Hostomel airport, northwest of Kiev, he added.
Read all our articles, analyzes and reports on the war in Ukraine:
Actually. The head of French military intelligence leaves his post, lacking sufficient warning of the risk of war in Ukraine
analyze. Between NATO, Russia and Ukraine, Erdogan Positions Himself as a Peacemaker
Report. Whether or not to recapture Kherson, the only city under Russian control: the dilemma of Ukrainian power
Research. Ukraine-Russia: cinema on the front line
decodings. Ukrainian refugees: UK criticized for slow visa issuance
you can find our life yesterday on this link
“Why isn’t my question published? “: how “Le Monde” manages contributions in live follow-ups